Skip to main content

Beauty on a budget tip.....

Coconut oil!

Uses :

- Body moisturizer

- Add sugar = luxurious body scrub

- Pour straight into bath (time saving tip here too, as you won't need to spend time moisturizing after your bath.)

- Great for your hair, leave in over night and wash out the next day.

- Can be used for cooking

- If your significant other is acting up, throw the tub at him. (This one's a joke, don't do this....)

- Helps with stretch marks.


Really there's so much that you can do with coconut oil.
And the great news is, it's not expensive and a 1 litre container lasts me about a year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

School holidays

It’s day 18 of what can only be described as a hostage situation…. Also known as “school holidays”. Day 1: This is wonderful! Almost a whole month with my two kids under 3. Day 2: Ok so the house has been destroyed by mini versions of myself but it’s ok, I’ll do a clean up twice a day. Day 3: TV time rules are now out the window. Day 4: Give out a few Christmas gifts early in exchange for 5 minutes of silence. Day 5: What the hell is that smell? Oh wait, that’s me…. Day 6: What day is it? Can I have a nap please. Day 7: Check in with fellow moms, I am not alone, everyone’s over the holidays now…. Day 8: I now understand why my mom used to send me to my aunts for school holidays. Day 9:  Christmas Eve, try to go for a last minute shop before Christmas Day…. Buy each kiddo another toy to avoid shop meltdown. Day 10:  Christmas Day, granny exhausted kids, Granny for the win! Day 11: Toys EVERYWHERE Day 12: Cake for breakfast? Day 13: I’ve forgotten what it’s like to go to the toi...

Toddler won’t get out of PJs and into clothes for preschool? Here’s what I did…

Toddlers, toddlers, toddlers…. You can ‘prepare’ as much as you want for the inevitable craziness raising these tiny humans will entail and you may think you’re prepared, you’re not….. Like everyone else with kids I’ve watched literally every single episode of Super Nanny there is. So when my almost 3 year old son started refusing to get out of his PJs into “normal” clothes for preschool, I channeled my inner super nanny. I was like “ok then you’re going in your PJs”. Did this work? No, not one bit, every morning the same thing would happen and off he went to school in his PJs. So I chat to all my mom friends about this and everyone’s going maybe he has sensory issues, etc so I’m googling that and trying to figure out what that is and what I should do. Then I mention it to my one friend (who isn’t a mom…. Yet) and she said to me “Laura his PJs sound so cool! Glow in the dark Jurassic Park PJs, Spider man PJs, if I was him I also wouldn’t want to get into “normal” clothes to go to presc...

Holiday burnout recovery in January

Good morning, So like half the population does every year, I joined gym this January, not necessarily for weight loss but for tone, health and general well being. You see, I’ve noticed a trend with every single friend I have chatted to, with or without kids, we’re all struggling with December burnout. So a few of my close friends and I created an”accountability” WhatsApp group to support and motivate each other out of the burnout zone and push us to get our minds, bodies and goals set and right for 2022. Each day we send each other our goals for the day and they’re not necessarily “hardcore” goals. We’ve made January a preparation and self love month.  As an example my goals yesterday were to, *actually GO to gym *Dye my hair * Get washing up to date *Paint toenails *Scrub my sons carpet *Change my daughters linen I only achieved 3 of those goals, so the remaining 3 will be moved to today. No pressure, lots of self acceptance and love.  If you’d like to go on this journey with...